Your inner dialogue can lead to inner peace or inner chaos, no matter what happens around you.
The list below was created on post-it notes during a workshop at the 2020 Gross Global Happiness Summit at the University of Peace in Costa Rica (just before the COVID shutdown). Our goal was to keep our inner dialogues positive and practice greater self-love.
“When you are struggling, tell yourself...”
- You are still amazing
- Keep going
- Listen to your body
- I forgive myself for my mistake
- Don’t be hard on yourself, you are doing what you can and that’s what matters
- I am the best
- Your smile illuminates my day.. every day!
- You’ll do much better next time :)
- I trust myself
- If they can do it, I can do it
- There are no “ups” without “downs”
- This will pass
- You are so brave!
- You inspire me!
- You really tried your best
- You’ll be fine
- I’m sorry
- Congrats, you gave it a try!
- Super Star
- You are loved no matter what
- You can do this
- Everything is possible
- Every day is an opportunity to be a better version of you!
- Keep shining!
- You are always amazing
- I see the light in you with so much promise!
- You deserve great things
- You can do this
- You have prepared for this, and it’s natural and okay for mistakes to happen
- You matter
- Enjoy the journey!
- I will learn to be better from this
- You are enough
- Self Compassion
- That was brilliant!
- You are more than enough!
- That was amazing
- Learn from this experience
- You needed to do that for yourself
- You always manage to find a solution!
- You are important
- You are valuable
- You are loved!
- You are ok
- You are a creative, adaptive problem solver!
- I will create solutions!
- You are so brave
- This too shall pass
- Don’t give up
- It’s ok to make mistakes
- I want to learn from you!
- This is a learning experience. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- You are worthy
- Nothing can beat you
- I recognize that I am better than this
- It’s ok.
- Many people love you
- Keep going!
- “Worthy now, not if, not when. We’re worthy of love and belonging now. Right this minute. As is.” – Brene Brown
- The 3 P’s: Patience, Persistence, Practice
More than ever, the world needs an abundance of our positive energy. Please enjoy and share this list to inspire self-compassion and spread love.
For a 1-page printable copy, send your request by email to email@example.com
A Gift for You from Neugroove & Neugroove Coaching
(C) 2020 Neugroove LLC